Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!

So cheesy, but I really couldn't resist - because I got a blog award tonight and I just HAD to pay it forward!!

First, I want to thank Lisa , who gave the award to me. She probably doesn't know it (cause while I'm obsessive reader, I'm shy to comment) but she was one of the first blogs I found after I started mine. And I am constantly amazed at her ability to "change it up" for her daughter J. As a social worker I've worked with some awesome foster and adoptive parents - but sometimes it seems there are far to few of them! But Lisa is definitely one of the "good ones" and an awesome mom - if you need proof, you should check her awesome daughter's blog to see for yourself!

So, here's how the blog award works:

The Dardos Award is given in "recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web."

The rules:1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

Here's the award:


And here are my winners:

1. Foster Mama - I better not forget to include her alter-ego Buffy! Foster Mama is the kind of foster mom that I loved and feared when I was a caseworker! She's fiercely passionate about the children in her care - and she'll take on anyone who stands in the way of doing what's best for them! Not only that, she reminds me that laughter may be the only way to make it in this field. And, I am also hoping that by reading her blog I will develop an alter-ego just like Buffy - she rocks.

2. Kimmie - her blog is so uplifting! Her values are not only evident in her writing - just look at the pictures of her beautiful family! Especially their newest - Princess Mercy coudn't be any more precious. Hop on over there whenever you need some soul-soothing.

3. Amber - Amber is one more whose values are front and center in her blog. I just started following her recently - but I'm addicted to her daughter Grace. And Grace's big hair bows. What's not to love? I can't wait to see more of their story.

4. Tracey - I believe Tracey is just as new to blogging as I am - so I'm excited to pass the award along to her. Tracey has just embarked on an amazing journey with her new daughter Sunshine. I hope this boosts her spirits and lets her know I'm rooting for them both.

5. Nate - Nate's blog was actually the inspiration for me starting a blog! Not because I know him, or have ANYTHING in common with him really. But I happened upon his blog over a year ago and spent an entire day trying to read it all! (Don't try - he's been blogging forever!) But Nate, his wife Tricia, and their adorable daughter Gwyneth are amazing testiments to faith in God and the power of prayers. If reading their story doesn't make you believe in miracles, I don't know what will!

4 comments:

  1. :*)

    What uplifting words! Thank you.

    Honestly, if we ever go back into foster care...hope I get a social worker for my kids...like you.

    Our 3 wee ones social worker was wonderful, except she didn't want a continued relationship...seeing you, that makes me so sad.

    I am blessed to know that people like you are out there in the system, hopefully we have some 'you-s' in our CT system.

    Glad you are enjoying the blogging thing. But don't be shy...it is always nice to make a new friend (when they come out of hiding!)

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally rock!
    I had no idea....don't be shy about commenting because I love to know you're out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm replying over here. J went into the system at 9 months and I got her at 5 (almost 6). Isn't that beyond sad to have that many homes? The main problem is that the state she came from didn't believe in RAD and none of the homes were trained. None of them knew what to expect. One home bailed in 24 hours! If the FM hadn't told me that she had RAD (she was a temporary FM after the abusive one kicked her out on Easter) I would've had to figure it out on my own. Once she told me I studied like a mad woman for 1 1/2 months until she was placed.

    Yes ma'am. You need to keep doing your job. Don't ever give up. How I wish you were K's worker!!!!! The thoughts of her being in an RTC really disturbs me. She's a sexual perpetrator so you know she's perpetrating every night on her roommate and getting sicker by the minute. Not to mention all the behaviors she's learning. Yikes. It's going to be an interesting ride.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!