Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Blog Header and Wordle tutorial

How's everyone feel about my new header? I liked the "eyes" picture - but it was also kind of depressing. Plus, I've decided to take things in a new direction. I want to focus on the "Lessons Learned" part of my blog title. So, I played around with Wordle until I found a 'cloud' I liked best.


One of the cool features that Wordle offers is if you enter your blog address it will creat a wordle based on common words in your blog. Here are the words it pulled for me:







I found it interesting because the size of each word is in direct porportion to how many times it is used in a blog.

Apparently, I use the words "Supervisor", "child", "just", "job" and "going" pretty frequently... kind weird!



You can also pick colors that you like - including the background color.



You can select certain direction that you like the words to go - horizontal, vertical, or some combination of the two.



So, there's my little wordle tutorial - hope you all like the new look!

3 comments:

  1. Its cool - I've probably had too much fun with wordle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've followed your blog for a while, but haven't ever commented. I am so in love with wordle now! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post popped up on the bottom of your post from today! I've never heard of this before...so cool! I might change my header now!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!