Thursday, August 27, 2009

Something fun... I hope!

I've been thinking about this for a while now - how much I love the sense of community that blogging gives me. Not that I don't have some pretty great "IRL" friends - but those of you that read my blog (and whose blogs I read!) are a special brand of cool in my life. :)

Sometimes I am in the middle of a situation and I think to myself,

"I wonder what so and so would think about this?" or
"Geesh, Bloggy Friend just talked about this in her post the other day!"
and sometimes even,
"I wish cool Social Worker X were here - she'd be a great backup right about now..."

I usually make a mental note to write that person an email or leave an extra comment or start my own blog post about the situation in hopes that they'll read it and think the same way! But, like most things I make a "mental note" about - I forget. Or I get too busy. Or the moment just passes.

Anyways, long post short - I wished there could be a kind of forum or chat or something more interactive. I mean some of you follow me on Twitter - but I am not great about it yet and things get lost in the feed traffic. I love getting your comments - in fact, consider this a shameful plea for MORE!! But, I still wanted something more - so I finally did something about it.

I started a BlogFrog community - I know, it feels kind of "Mega-Blogger" to me too. I don't really want 400 followers - I would be afraid that I'd loose track of you all! But I think the people who DO follow me and who I follow are awesome and I want to interact with you all more! So, if you feel compelled to join in my new adventure...

All you have to do is look on the left side of my blog and find the bright purple box that says "My Community". Then click on the "Visit My Community" button! Right now there are only like 2 discussions - both of which I am currently having by myself. :( Please come join me - talking to yourself is a sign of insanity right? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I didn't know it existed but it's a good way to interact a bit more. Very clever..

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!