Monday, October 19, 2009

So Blessed...

to have such great online friends!







Thandi is one of my most unique followers and I'm so grateful she found me! (Although I still don't know how she did - maybe it was because of Zari's Story?) First of all, she lives in Africa - she just moved from South Africa to Tanzania! I love reading her blog because she is so strong about her convictions. I've enjoyed learning lots about her culture and can't wait to see how God is using her family in their new home! Thank you for being part of my world Thandi, and thank you for this fun award!


Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award
2. Copy and paste the award on your own blog
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name seven things about yourself that folks may not know.
5. Nominate seven Kreativ bloggers
6. Post links to the seven bloggers you nominate
7. Leave comments on each of the blogs letting them know that you have nominated them!


Oh geesh - 7 things you guys don't know about me?? Hmmmm...

1. I hate pickles. No SERIOUSLY, I hate them. I freak out if they are even on my plate. Its a joke amongst my friends - they buy me pickle potato chips and razz me when we go out to eat by repeating my request for "no pickles" to the waitress like 20 times. I can't help though - the pickle juice infests EVERYTHING on the plate! Its a problem.


2. I wear glasses - I have contacts but I have ruined my eyes by sleeping in them all throughout college. So, I only wear my contacts when I'm going out on the weekends or for special occassions.


3. I sleep with the TV on - though I usually program it to turn off once I'm asleep. But if I wake up in the middle of the night, I turn it back on to go fall asleep again. I realize that EVERY bit of advice you will read about falling asleep will tell you that you shouldn't even have a television in your bedroom - but they are wrong. I have battled insomnia since I was a child and in college I discovered that having the TV on is what works.


4. Lilys are my favorite flower - feel free to send me some! ;)


5. I love to read - but hate the library. I like to own my books - and have upteen bookshelves full of them to prove it. I am a very fast reader, so this is a very expensive habit! I also re-read books a lot. I have read some of my books 15+ times.


6. I have a noticable scar on the inside of my wrist from accidentally putting my hand through a pane of glass. I am self concsious about it because of my job - everyone assumes it's a suicide scar! I have been asked about it more than once and I don't think they believe the true story.


7. I have had the same cell phone number for 10 years and will never EVER change it.

Now, on to the 7 blogs that I pass this award onto (I'm not sure if they are Kreative, but I don't think mine is either, and I sure do like them all a lot!) :

1. Nichole @ Not the Usual Ticking Clock - because I totally hear that same clock ticking...

2. FosterIma @ Frum Fostering - I can't BELIEVE how long its taken her to get licensed - but now that she is, I can't wait to see where her journey takes her!

3. OnceLost @ From the Past into the Future - her blog is a stark reminder of how badly the system fails too many.

4. Annie @ Annieology - her humor is just one thing that makes her awesome. Another is that she calls it like she sees it, like it or not. For an example - start with this post.

5. Lisa @ The Grateful House - do I really need to go into all the reasons Lisa deserves this award? I didn't think so...

6. Corazon @ Finding my Heartsmile - she LOVES to read, she's an awesome writer and reading all the things she writes makes my heart smile every time! ;)

7. Thorn @ Mother Issues - I love how honest she is in her writing and can't wait to see what happens next in her (and Lee's!) adoption journey. And she is responsible for introducing me to my new blog hero...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks!!! Although everyone might need an extra Zoloft after reading mine LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet. Thanks honey.

    BTW....I used to totally do the TV thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to sleep w/ the TV on too, but once I got married I had to make adjustment. Now we sleep w/ a sound machine that plays "white noise". I had the dead silence!!!

    My daughter, who is 8, is the same w/ pickles. When we go to a restaurant she always adds "no Pickle" to her order, even if it doesn't come w/ one. She wants to make sure that one is not on her plate by mistake. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I didn't proofread. I meant that I hate the dead silence. oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I remember correctly, I went through a phase where I devoured anything adoption/social work related.Your blog was linked on someone else's blog..I ended up dropping them,but you managed to stay LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!