Monday, November 2, 2009

Welcome!

For anyone who is coming by from NoBloPoMo - welcome!

A little about me: I'm a Social Worker - both by profession and by personality - so I pretty much do it 24/7, hence the name!

I work in Child Welfare - but I don't take people's kids away.

I support foster care and adoption - but realize the system is seriously broken.

I love the children I work with - and wish that more people realized how amazing they all are and get involved in making their lives a little better.

I love blogging, have learned a lot and have met some amazing people because of it - I hope you enjoy!

(For all my regulars - you may have noticed I've started moderating comments. No worries, I just worried that traffic may pick up and want to be careful what comments get posted. Be polite in your opinions and you'll be posted ASAP!)

3 comments:

  1. Are you moderating comments because of me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a foster mother and a Christian. I bet I'll love following your journey through NaBloPoMo this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized that when I posted last time it would have been polite to introduce myself. I came via Lisa's blog.

    I am an adoptive and foster mother. Tonight I do not think I am very good at it. I adhere, more or less to the "Beyond Consequences" model...and that leaves you so open for criticism.

    I have not read much of your blog. Some recent traumatic experiences have caused me to be almost fearful of SW's so I will read and maybe become less so.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!