Monday, February 15, 2010

You Rock/ You Rule #5 AND an award!

Yep! Its that time again!!



Heather at Production, not Reproduction wrote a very eye opening post about Adoption T Shirts. Now, I can understand why pre adoptive parents would want a shirt that shares their excitement about adopting - its an exciting time in their lives! But, I can also appreciate Heather's perspective on why many of these shirts are inappropriate and only serve to reinforce negative stereotypes about adoption. Namely - that biological parents really aren't that important and that anyone who adopts would really rather be having their baby biologically. I'm not one to jump on every bandwagon, but I like Heather's rule about this one - If you wouldn't wear it in front of your child's first parents, then why would you want to wear it at all?


An encouraging post from Laura at The Mouro Family - talking about "going the extra mile" with your healing child. May the scripture she refrences give you hope and purpose during the difficult times!


And speaking of going the extra mile - have you all met CB over at Fighting Monsters? She's a British Social Worker who always posts insightful stories about a variety of topics. She's also a foster carer (as they are called in Britian) - though she doesn't post often about the children in her care. But she did earlier this week - and I teared up as I read about how she (and the CW Agency) went above and beyond for the little girl in her care. Sometimes the littlest thing can make a huge difference in a child's life. Not only has the child learned that her needs are important and worth acting on - she's been reunited with someone very important to her.


And last but not least - Babs, whose blog I just started reading recently, From Foster Child to Social Worker wrote a post that I could have written a MILLION times if I had this blog back in my casemanager days. She is spot on in describing the overwhelming amount of work (not to mention the responsibility) of being a child welfare worker - and asking for a little bit of patience and understanding from the foster parents (and other members of the system) with whom she works!


And it is to Babs that I pass on this award!

I got it from both Sanitysrchr and Dia - whose blogs definitely rock too! Thank you ladies - you are all little rays of sunshine to me!

I know, I know, I'm supposed to pass it on to 12 bloggers... but what can I say, I'm a little lazy!
Babs, do as I say and not as I do!


The rules are:


1. Put the logo in my post or within my blog.


2. Pass the award onto 12 fellow bloggers.


3. Link the nominees within my post.


4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blogs.


5. Share the love and link to the person who gave you the award

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :) much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW thank you 24/7!! I really appreciate it... now I just have to get my brain to function enough to follow your instructions LOL. And I'm excited to check out the other blogs you mentioned too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl be proud, I listed 12 LoL.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!