Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Updates and Upcoming Posts

I know, bad blogger here! I promise this place will become much more exciting in July! June has been an absolutely CRAZEE time in my life! Just a few updates:

  • I've been working 70+ hours between my two jobs.... so. exhausting. This has been the major reason for the lack of updates here on the blog. That end this Saturday - YAY!!
  • I got a new position at my agency!! I will be the Supervisor of a team of foster care caseworkers. My team works specifically with children whose goals are "Return Home". We are responsible for making sure that parents get all the services they need, children are safe and stable in their foster homes, and that everyone is working to ensure that these families are reunited if at all possible. I am so excited and nervous for this new challenge!
  • No more Resource Family placements have come my way recently. I had to turn down a couple at the beginning of the month because I knew my work schedule was going to be crazy. It is my hope that this new job will allow me to work at my PT job much less - which will enable me to accept placement much more easily!
  • I'm going to be picking up on my "Child Welfare 101" posts - I really want to write more about the system and educate folks on the more "behind the scenes" details of child welfare. If you have any questions or topics you'd like to see written about, please leave a commment or send me a quick email!
Thanks for hanging in here with me during these down times - I love this blog!!

5 comments:

  1. I've missed you! Get some rest and take care of you. 70+ hours a week is a bit much for anyone! I love the fact you're going to pick up the "Child Welfare 101" thing again. Maybe I need to know what's going on behind the scenes, in order to accept the fact we were rejected for foster care...it'll help me to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new position! I know you will be great:)

    ReplyDelete

Join in the conversation! Please leave a comment!